Wednesday, April 2, 2008

All that for $50?!?!?

Hey all! I just wanted you to know that I finally finished my taxes! WOO! I had been done with my state of Virginia and my federal taxes since mid-February BUT guess who made $50 in Michigan last year...

You guessed it me.... not sure how I did it when the last day I lived in Michigan was Sep. 13th 2006...

Which meant that I was required to fill out a MI-1040, a NonResident form, and a schedule 1...

Crazy huh!?

After not realizing I needed to fill out the schedule 1 for like 2 days, and having the form tell me that I owed over $2,000 to Michigan, I was a bit emotional... but I figured it all out, wrote a check for $7 and I'm officially finished! YAY!

If Michigan decides next year that I made money in it, I think that check will be sent back... :)

No comments: